The Legacy Youth Zone update
ccha has offered 40 free Legacy memberships for residents who need it most.
ccha has now been a patron of the Croydon Legacy Youth Zone for two years, as part of a three-year commitment. We’re keen to promote the Zone’s long list of activities to our younger residents (aged 8-19) which include a variety of sports, music, drama and social events – all in one place where you can also pick up a hot meal for £1!
Due to the latest Covid-19 restrictions, many of these activities have been temporarily put on hold but the Youth Zone remains open in a limited capacity and are holding online activities. Please visit The Legacy Youth Zone website for more details. They are also providing updates and activities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Legacy are continuing to support the community throughout lockdown by:
- Providing activity packs for young people to take part in online and home activities
- Providing outreach to local areas, ensuring young people are keeping safe
- Providing food parcels
- Delivering 1 to 1 support sessions
If you think a young person in your family may benefit from the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how Legacy may be able to help you during this national lockdown.
If you’ve been able to take advantage of the Youth Zone opportunities, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.
Last year, Legacy delivered 20 exciting activities every evening.
Supporting the community
Legacy has been working hard during the pandemic to ensure young people in the community are still able to access support.
- delivered over 9,000 meals in the community
- made 250 calls to Legacy’s young members to check they had the support they needed
- provided 45 laptops to those urgently needing access for schoolwork
- sent out 200 activity packs.
Before covid, Legacy had an average of 1,000 visits every week!