Since the start of the repairs contract and the Covid-19 pandemic, we have not seen the level of repairs service we would have liked. Overall, we are seeing an improvement in the service and are continuing to make changes to ensure residents get the best service possible. It has been a challenging period which continued longer than everyone expected.
Some positives from the last few months are that the number of open and overdue repairs jobs has reduced.
We hope to see further improvements by the end of the year and are taking your comments on board.
Reporting a repair
Emergency repairs – Attend within 2 hours, complete within 24 hours
- Uncontainable water leak
- Loss of heating and/or hot water between 1 Nov and 30 Apr
- Electrical failure and exposed wires
- Gas leaks (if you smell gas, call SGN on 0800 111 999)
- A blocked flue
- Serious roof leaks
- Blocked toilet (where it is the only one in your home – possible recharge)
- Blocked or leaking foul drains
- Fire damage or flooding to your home
- Broken external doors or windows where there is a threat to security
- Serious structural damage, e.g. loose bricks or falling brickwork, tiles etc.
- Risk of causing a fire or hindering access via a fire escape route
- Mechanical gates (where locked shut or persons trapped)
- Repairs which pose a health and safety risk or significant damage to the property.
Urgent repairs – Complete within five days.
- Faulty showers where there is no other bath or shower
- Minor leaks (containable)
- Faulty smoke detectors
- Communal lights (where fault results in an area being left in darkness)
- Any remedials required to fully reinstate light, heat, electricity (or to ensure an alternative)
- Non-flushing toilet (where it is the only one in your home)
- Door entry systems to general needs
- Mechanical gates (if stuck open)
- Communal TV aerial/system faults resulting in loss of TV
- Appliance repairs where they are ccha owned
- Offensive or racist graffiti.
Routine repairs – Complete within 28 days.
- Broken or leaking guttering or downpipes
- Electrical problems that are not emergency or urgent repairs
- Plumbing problems that are not emergency or urgent repairs
- Repairs to doors, locks and windows that will not pose a security risk
- Roof repairs that are not serious
- All other joinery, building work or specialist services that are not urgent.
Morning, afternoon and first call appointments will be offered at the resident’s convenience between the hours of:
- Monday - Friday 08.00 - 17.00
- Saturday 08.00 - 12.00
Where possible, we will send a text message confirming your appointment. If a repair is found to be resident rechargeable, you will be asked to sign a form agreeing to the costs of the repair. ccha will recover monies owed.
You can read the repairs and planned maintenance booklet here.